Sunday 4 January 2015

Sex


I concur with Hunter that sex without love (or at the very least some kind of emotional bond) is hollow and ridiculous and mere bio-mechanics. I would also agree Love could survive, and I guess thrive, platonically, depending on the two individuals concerned.


The definition of 'sex' also has a bearing on this discussion... What is 'sex'? I'm guessing Hunter is referring to the penetrative act alone, as this can, so I understand, be performed without any emotional attachment.

However, if you broaden the definition of 'sex' to include any physical intimacy from which physical pleasure (with or without orgasm) is derived then Love without Sex is an impossibility and devolves into Friendship (though Friendship of a very close kind).
Personally, I dislike the terms 'sex' and 'foreplay'.


To me, as a very tactile individual, physical touching, physical intimacy, from kissing all the way to the penetrative act is all part of 'Making Love', and it goes beyond even that!


'Making Love' is not merely physical or emotional, but mental too.


When I am In Love with someone, I don't merely fall In Love with my penis, or my Heart or my Mind...

I fall In Love with every cell of my being.


For me, being In Love is an immersive experience.

When I am In Love I am Making Love constantly. Glances, hand-holding, conversation and the sharing of thoughts, shared deeds (even as mundane as cooking together or playing board games), kissing, hugging, caressing, massage, and, for want of a better word, sex are all Making Love, refreshing and strengthening the mutual emotional, physical and mental bond between my partner and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment